Pickin’ Up Manna
Forty percent of the food in the US goes uneaten—yet hunger and extreme waste exist side by side. Through the Pickin’ Up Manna food rescue program, in partnership with local stores and restaurants, we gather over 1 million pounds of surplus food per year and pair it with those in need.
- Supermarkets discard $2,300 per store worth of food every day, nearly all of which is consumable.
- Rescued food is nutritional and viable but has been rejected because it is surplus, mislabeled, etc.
- Some our donors include Walmart, Food Lion, Publix, Hilltop, Panera, Starbucks, local schools, local restaurants, the farmers’ market, hunters, caterers, and farmers.
- Rescued food includes meat, dairy, fresh fruits and vegetables, and even organics.
- No other local program collects the countless thousands of pounds of food wasted each week in this region and then pairs it with those in need.
Help Support Manna Café
Your support matters! It’s the generosity of people like you that enables Manna Cafe to tackle the problem of hunger in our community! Visit our donation page to learn how you can be a part of impacting your community.