Pickin’ Up Manna
Forty percent of the food in the US goes uneaten—yet hunger and extreme waste exist side by side. Through the Pickin’ Up Manna food rescue program, in partnership with local stores and restaurants, we gather 1.27 million pounds per year of surplus food and pair it with those in need.
- Supermarkets discard $2,300 per store worth of food every day, nearly all of which is consumable.
- Rescued food is nutritional and viable but has been rejected because it is surplus, mislabeled, etc.
- Donors include Walmart, Food Lion, Publix, Panera, Starbucks, Tree of Life, local schools, the farmers’ market, hunters, caterers and farmers.
- Rescued food includes meat, dairy, fresh fruits and vegetables, and even organics.
- No other local program collects the countless thousands of pounds of food wasted each week in this region and then pairs it with those in need.
Help Support Manna Café
Your Support Matters! It’s the generosity of people like you that enables Manna Cafe to tackle the problem of hunger in our community! Visit our donate page to learn how you can be a part of impacting your community.
Manna Café Ministries
One of the best ways to keep up with what’s happening at Manna Cafe is through Facebook. Like our main page (Manna Cafe Ministries) for general updates and info or join our volunteer group page (Manna Cafe Volunteer Outreach) for updates as to where we need help in carrying out our mission each day.
If you have questions or comments, please fill out the form below and someone will contact you shortly!
1960-J Madison St. #312
Clarksville, TN 37043